Succeed on Your Entire Surgery Rotation with AMBOSS
AMBOSS is an all-in-one resource that serves as both a clinical companion on the wards and a reliable study guide for your NBME® Clinical Surgery Shelf exam. Our medical Knowledge Library has 251 surgery-specific Learning Cards, which can be used as a point-of-care reference when you’re with patients or rounding with your team, and for in-depth studying thanks to its robust Qbank (even offline—check out our mobile apps for Android and iOS).
Practice for the Surgery Shelf Exam Using the Qbank
- Review as many questions as you can—you have 701 high-yield, NBME-formatted surgery questions to choose from.
- Learn to identify important information quickly by enabling highlighting or turning on the high-yield mode.
- Familiarize yourself with typical imaging findings, like X-rays, and practice diagnosing and determining management for different ailments.
- Get an overview of your progress with a continuous analysis of your session success; you’ll be able to pinpoint—and close—knowledge gaps.
- Activate exam mode to practice answering question stems in a time-constrained environment.
- Study on-the-go with the Qbank app for iOS or Android. You can squeeze in practice questions in your downtime between cases, even when you’re offline.
Find a Surgery Clinical Companion in the Knowledge Library
- Access over 251 Learning Cards chock-full of surgery-related terms and topics.
- Focus on high-yield surgery topics, like Thyroid Nodules.
- Quickly reference diagnosis and management methods for a variety of diseases, like Gas Gangrene, Oral Cavity Cancer, and Meckel Diverticulum.
- Review detailed medical illustrations that help outline the main features of various relevant conditions—like Acute Cholangitis.
- Look up the definitions of surgery-specific vocabulary with a complete Phrasionary.
- Refer to the Knowledge app for iOS or Android while you’re on the wards.
Find out how you can use AMBOSS as a clinical companion: