AMBOSS Step 1 ESSENTIALS kit
50 high-yield USMLE® Step 1 topics
Feeling ready for your big Step? Make sure you master these 50 most high-yield topics for the USMLE® Step 1 exam. This list has been compiled by our team of expert physician editors and the excellent AMBOSS analytics team to provide an empathic boost to your preparations (On average, AMBOSS users score up to 12 points higher on the USMLE® Step 1.)
Create an AMBOSS account to access all of the below-listed topics and stay ahead of the game.
Please read the instructions at the bottom of the page for useful tips on how to use this kit effectively
The top 50 high-yield USMLE® Step 1 topics
- Overview of antibiotic therapy
- Bacteria overview
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Diabetes mellitus
- Airways and lungs
- Congenital immunodeficiency disorders
- General virology
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Congestive heart failure
- Cellular changes and adaptive responses
- Erythrocyte morphology and hemoglobin
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Cheparentapeutic agents
- Physiology of the kidney
- Cranial nerve palsies
- Cholelithiasis, choledocholithiasis, cholecystitis, and cholangitis
- Breast cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Hepatitis B
- Hemostasis and bleeding disorders
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Infective endocarditis
- Signal transduction
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Disorders of sex development
- Acute leukemia
- Adaptive immune system
- General oncology
- Basics of hematology
- Lung cancer
- Human immunodeficiency virus
- Basics of human genetics
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Antidiabetic drugs
- Brain tumors
How do I get the most out of the Step 1 ESSENTIALS kit?
- Each of the 50 topics can be found within the AMBOSS Knowledge Library and Qbank. To access them, you need to create an AMBOSS account, if you don’t already have one.
- Once that is done, feel free to bookmark this page and go through the topics at a pace that works for your study schedule; as soon as you finish studying one, come back to this page to see what comes up next. It’s an easy way to ensure you don’t drop easy points during this all important exam!
- Try the following tips:
- Test yourself as often as you can. The grey arrow at the top of each Learning Card leads to a USMLE®-style Qbank session covering all the tested concepts from the topic you’re reviewing.
- Really use the features like High-Yield Mode, Highlighting, pop-up definitions and more, which will help you pick out key points quickly and condense your study time.
- Add your own personal notes to the Learning Cards to build upon your knowledge and keep all your learnings in one place.
- Gain valuable insights through our blog-posts that will give you an added push towards your goal:
So, are you ready to take Step 1 by storm? Create your AMBOSS account here and activate 5 days of FREE access to explore the platform. Already have an account? There are plans for as little as $9 per month that will give you unlimited access to all the topics listed in this highly impactful Study Plan.