M1-M2 Summer Study Plan
Master these 50 high-yield USMLE® Step 1 topics
Ready for your second year of
AMBOSS can get you there with its M1-M2 Summer Study Plan, covering the 50 most high-yield topics you should know to get a head start on both M2 and the USMLE® Step 1 exam.
Create an AMBOSS account to access all the listed topics below. Feel free to go through them on your time; as soon as you finish studying one, come back to this page to see what comes up next. It’s an easy way to stay ahead of the game while still enjoying your summer.
The top 50 high-yield USMLE® Step 1 topics
- Overview of antibiotic therapy
- Bacteria overview
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Diabetes mellitus
- Airways and lungs
- Congenital immunodeficiency disorders
- General virology
- Cardiovascular physiology
- Congestive heart failure
- Cellular changes and adaptive responses
- Erythrocyte morphology and hemoglobin
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Chemotherapeutic agents
- Physiology of the kidney
- Cranial nerve palsies
- Cholelithiasis, choledocholithiasis, cholecystitis, and cholangitis
- Breast cancer
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Hepatitis B
- Hemostasis and bleeding disorders
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Infective endocarditis
- Signal transduction
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Disorders of sex development
- Acute leukemia
- Adaptive immune system
- General oncology
- Basics of hematology
- Lung cancer
- Human immunodeficiency virus
- Basics of human genetics
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Antidiabetic drugs
- Brain tumors
How do I get the most out of the M1-M2 Summer Study Plan?
Try the following tips:
- Test yourself as often as you can. The grey arrow at the top of each Article leads to a USMLE®-style Qbank session related to the topic you’re reviewing.
- Features like High-Yield Mode, Highlighting, pop-up definitions and more help you pick out key points quickly and condense your study time.
- Add your own personal notes to Articles to build upon your knowledge and keep all your learnings in one place.
Each of the 50 topics can be found within the AMBOSS Library and Qbank. To access them, you need an AMBOSS account.
Create yours here and activate 5 days of FREE access to explore the platform. Already have an account? There are plans for as little as $9 per month that will give you unlimited access to all the topics listed in the M1-M2 Summer Study Plan.