NBME® Psychiatry Shelf 7-Day Study Plan
Score High with AMBOSS
Start the AMBOSS NBME® Psychiatry Shelf 7-Day Study Plan
Day 1: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Psychology, Ethics & Counseling
- Psychotherapy and defense mechanisms
- Principles of medical law and ethics
- Overview of palliative medicine
- Preventive medicine, section: Medication adherence
- Counseling patients, sections: Overview of counseling, Counseling on substance abuse and Counseling for patients with chronic diseases
Childhood & Neuro-developmental Disorders
- Child development and milestones, section: Early developmental milestones
- Rare inherited syndromes, sections: Fragile X syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome and Angelman syndrome and Rett syndrome
- Emotional and behavioral disorders in children and adolescents
- Child maltreatment
- Teratogenic birth defects, section: Fetal alcohol syndrome
- Generalized epilepsy in childhood, section: Idiopathic generalized epilepsy syndromes
Test your knowledge with Day 1’s Qbank session here.
Day 2: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Day 3: Topics & Qbank Question Session
- Alzheimer disease
- Major neurocognitive disorder
- Huntington disease
- Parkinson-plus syndromes, sections: Dementia with Lewy bodies and Differential diagnoses of Parkinson-plus syndromes
- Parkinson disease
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- HIV-associated conditions, section: HIV-associated CNS lesions
- Vascular dementia
Sleep – Wake Disorders
- Sleep and sleep disorders
- Restless legs syndrome
Test your knowledge with Day 3’s Qbank session here.
Day 4: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Day 5: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Day 6: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Trauma and Stressor-Related Disorders
Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
Feeding and Eating Disorders
Sexuality gender disorders
Test your knowledge with Day 6’s Qbank session here.
Day 7: Topics & Qbank Question Session
Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Tourette syndrome
- Autism spectrum disorder
Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Substance-related and addictive disorders
- Opioids, section: Opioid intoxication and withdrawal
- Alcohol use disorder
- Wernicke encephalopathy and Korsakoff syndrome
- Poisoning, sections: Overview of antidotes, only psychiatry-related drugs (TCAs, Benzodiazepines, Barbiturates, Acetaminophen, Amphetamines, Opioids, Salicylates) and Ethylene glycol, methanol and isopropyl alcohol
- Vitamins, sections: Vitamin B1 deficiency and Vitamin B3 deficiency
- Muscarinic antagonists, section: Antimuscarinic side effects and Anticholinergic syndrome
- Fundamentals of pharmacology: Cytochrome-P450 system
Test your knowledge with Day 7’s Qbank session here.
Get the Most Out of the Plan
The NBME® Psychiatry Shelf 7-Day Study Plan features an organized approach to mastering psychiatry-specific topics in a short amount of time. It’s streamlined studying designed to pick up the slack when you’re busy with clerkships and can only crunch in your downtime.
Each day features a list of topics and a Qbank session to go through. Here’s how we recommend you get the most out of the plan:
- Carefully go through the topics listed in high-yield mode, and don’t get intimidated by the number of topics you see; we’ve only chosen the most condensed, exam-relevant information you need to know to score high on the Shelf exam.
- Follow that up with each day’s curated Qbank question session. Questions are randomized across the topics covered that day but ordered by difficulty, going from easiest to most challenging, allowing you to gradually build up your knowledge and strengthen your diagnostic skills.
Of course, feel free to skip days or change the order as you see fit to better suit your needs.
To use the subject board examination study plan, you need an AMBOSS account. Create yours here and activate 5 days of FREE access to explore the platform. Already have an account? Try our unlimited access plans and freely go through the Qbank and Knowledge Library on your own time.