Web Designer (f/m/x)
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research. Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 200 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
We believe that design can drive motivation, satisfaction, and happiness. Our design team is continually on the lookout to further improve and create the best user experiences possible. Our designers stand for quality that brings delight to all who visit or communicate with AMBOSS. As a Web Designer (f/m/x) you will use a holistic approach where the customer always comes first!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Collaborate with content and editorial teams to conceptualize original landing pages and other website designs that bring simplicity and user friendliness to our customers
- Create wire-frames, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and sitemaps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards that you test and check making sure that your assumptions are backed by data and research
- Ensuring website functionality, stability, and scalability across devices with a mobile first focus
- Collaborate with a team of experienced in-house designers
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 3+ years work experience as a web designer with a focus on landing pages
- First hand work experience with Wordpress, HTML, and CSS
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest Web trends, techniques, and technologies
- Drive to test assumptions with different research tools like A/B testing or heat mapping
- An optimistic outlook, the drive to learn new things an intrinsic self-motivation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood, both in verbal and in written English; German language is a plus!
- A strong desire to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Previous work experience within an agency is looked upon favorably
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job