VP of Engineering
Hey, VP of Engineering!
Looking for sustainable pacing and shared passion? At AMBOSS, we believe in excellence without crunch culture or big egos: We believe in engineering that matters.
As VP of Engineering, you’ll make key contributions to the creation of a product on track to improve medical care for millions of people. With the AMBOSS engineering culture under your care, you’ll empower engineering teams to discover best practices and build a shared vision of engineering excellence.
You’ll work closely with Elmar (CTO) & Chad (VP of Product) to forecast possibilities and adjust the teams accordingly. And, as the driving force behind Engineering’s sustainable growth, you’ll support the scaling of your team by hiring and nurturing talented engineering professionals and empowering them to deliver their best work.
You’ll drive software delivery on a macro level by aligning company-wide dependencies and organize the execution of the roadmap with different product teams. Always keeping one eye fixed on the future, you’ll invest forward and create a strong engineering organization that achieves amazing results and empowers healthcare professionals across the globe.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS, home to a unique team of about 100 personalities, is built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’ flat hierarchy, Engineering strikes the perfect balance between your freedom at work and our strong culture of open communication and support.
Talented people drive our mission to empower doctors to provide the best possible care forward by making the smart, data-driven decisions that we know bring direct value to our customers. Our Engineering team is crucial for AMBOSS to fulfill its function, allowing healthcare professionals to easily apply concise medical knowledge exactly when it’s needed. It’s no over-exaggeration that our AMBOSS engineers and the technology they create save lives.
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve taken the healthtech industry by storm and revolutionized the way physicians acquire their know-how. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, we’ve created the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market!
We hit the ground running and by 2017, we had transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. We continue to find new ways to innovate today, expanding our products and services globally and throughout the healthcare industry. With our exponential growth and track record for success, now is the perfect time for you to join us and make your mark on the future of medicine!
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working in multi-layered engineering organizations (100+ people) supporting and fostering a collaborative growth culture for personal, professional, and leadership development
- Experience in running talent management processes that finds and binds talented people that bring exceptional technical skills with them without sacrificing our culture and unique work environment
- Hands-on experience with scaling engineering organizations (40+ people) where you are an inspirational leader that brings calmness and clarity to the teams
- Pragmatism, critical thinking, and the Pareto principle are second nature to you
- Strong technical background, experience with large microservices deployments, and experience working with multiple technology stacks; ideally you still tinker on the side in open source or hobby projects
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime, home office, and office abroad options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of our amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Does your doctor recommend time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Welcome to AMBOSS!
We have always celebrated diversity and inclusivity and are proud to offer an environment free from limitations based on social categorization. At AMBOSS, every person, from every background and demographic, has an equal place at the table and space to voice their ideas. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission!
Apply for this job