Staff/Senior Backend Engineer Learning Guidance
Engineering & Product
All EU Offices
We are AMBOSS, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Staff/Senior Backend Engineer to join the Learning Guidance team, building solutions that are used by medical students and physicians worldwide.
The Learning Guidance team is responsible for the core didactic experience of Amboss, for our questions bank, study plans, and our knowledge database. In cooperation with other contributors and stakeholders, you’ll be implementing user-facing solutions for our web application. Over time, your scope of ownership and autonomy will be expanding. Once you’ve gained deep insights into our ecosystem, you’ll be a contributor for standards and engineering excellence, supporting peer engineers on the team and beyond.
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog updated weekly and get a sneak peek at the Engineering team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work as a lead in an agile team with other developers and a product owner on our main product – the online educational platform for medical students.
- Help others reach their full potential, support your peers through mentorship and coaching, and foster a constant exchange of ideas.
- Increase the level of engineering in collaboration with Quality Engineering.
- Cover your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Collaborate with Product, Design & Management.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- High level of experience developing in a backend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Great understanding of PHP with strong expertise in other languages (i.e. Python) to develop applications and microservices.
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code.
- Experience working in startup/scale-up environments.
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions that are focused on implementing best practices.
- Experience with microservices, event-driven architecture.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job