Senior User Researcher US (remote)
Want to revolutionize the learning experience for medical students? Passionate about designing creative and impactful user research that leads to real product innovation?
Hello, we are AMBOSS, a company built by doctors for doctors. We’re on a mission to empower doctors (and future doctors) around the world to deliver the best possible care, and we’re looking for a talented and experienced Senior User Researcher who can help us uncover the insights we need to drive development of our education product.
In this role, you’ll shape the education product strategy through finding new opportunities for innovation as well as identifying ways to elevate our current user experience. You will collaborate with your peers on our research team, and work closely with our stakeholders across the business to help us make studying a breeze and life on the wards easier.
Why Research at AMBOSS?
Research plays an integral role in business and product decisions at AMBOSS. Our team of seven market and user researchers work with engaged stakeholders in the medical, product and market teams to uncover insights that guide strategy and delivery at all levels. With our research ops specialist, we seek to empower our colleagues to do their own high-quality research with training, coaching and tooling.
As a team we live AMBOSS values: we are generous and collaborative when working together, strive for impact; constantly innovate on our methodologies and practices; and apply a growth mindset to learning from our mistakes.
Check out AMBOSS’ Engineering, Product & Design blog updated weekly to get a sneak peek at our Research team.
What you will do:
- Deliver generative and evaluative research projects to inform product strategy & development for our B2C as well as B2B customers.
- Implement lean research, continuous discovery and iterative testing processes within product teams.
- Champion user research within our education tribe and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with data to marry qualitative and quantitative insights to inform product decisions.
- Coach product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to conduct their own, high-quality user research.
- Undertake local or national travel to conduct research sessions, visit partners, or participate in roadshows about 25% of your time.
- Travel 1-3 times a year to our offices in Berlin or Cagliari to work with your peers in the product, market and research teams.
What you will bring:
- Ideally you have worked at the senior level and will soon be ready to progress to a lead role.
- A track record delivering well-scoped, thoughtfully- designed, effectively-managed and impactful user research across the product lifecycle. You “right size” research so it is fit-for-purpose, utilizing a lean approach without compromising quality.
- Experience with a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods. You are a champion of mixed methods approach, understand the strengths and limits of different methods, and know when and how to apply them. You can leverage other sources of data e.g. product analytics alongside qualitative insights.
- Exceptional data collection skills (moderation, interview, observation) and rigorous analysis and interpretation abilities.
- Strong project and stakeholder management capabilities. You can build trust, juggle the needs of multiple teams, and balance concurrent research projects to meet deadlines.
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills. You speak persuasively, apply business acumen to shaping recommendations, and help audiences from different functions and levels of seniority translate research insights into action.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. You turn research findings into clear, actionable insights and deliver them in an impactful format.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills. You depict content in a concise way and thrive in a cross functional collaboration environment.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas for this role.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Follow your own circadian rhythm: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 22 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Get those endorphins flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development plus 10 days learning and development leave that can be used over a 2 year period.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Enjoy healthy snacks and food in the office, and become a master barista with our amazing coffee machine.
- We’ve got you covered! We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + a 401K plan with a company match available after your first six months!
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe in diversity as a driving force of innovation and welcome people of all backgrounds to help us achieve our mission of empowering physicians to provide the best possible care – to everyone, everywhere.
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job