Senior Software Quality Engineer
We are AMBOSS; we are changing healthcare for millions of people worldwide, reshaping how medical professionals practice their craft. Join us and have a global impact on health care as a Senior Software Quality Engineer
Our quality engineering team’s mission is to provide the knowledge, direction, infrastructure and frameworks needed to enable everybody at AMBOSS to do their best work fast. We believe quality isn’t separate from development, but a key enabler for a cloud native company.
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for designing, maintaining and scaling our testing infrastructure and framework for a large, shared PHP code base. You’ll be taking up a leading role improving our continuous delivery process and infrastructure, as well as mentoring peers on development and testing best practices.
You’re biased to aim for high, yet smart test coverage for your service layer? You’re interested in a role that would allow you to move fluidly between feature and test development? You also love to mentor and enable others? Then you’re our perfect match!
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
- Design, maintain and grow testing infrastructure and framework for a large shared PHP code base and a set of microservices used by 10-15 engineers across 8 product teams.
- Promote quality culture in cross-functional backend teams by coaching team members on best practices, helping them create team-owned quality processes and pair programming with your fellow developers.
- Actively drive improvements in test suite and pipeline speed and resilience.
- Foster data-driven decision-making by creating dashboards showcasing quality and coding metrics.
What you will bring
- Sound experience in PHP or other languages, like Python or Go.
- Proven ability to implement and maintain large-scale service layer automation.
- Strong understanding of writing maintainable and scalable code.
- Familiarity with automation frameworks such as PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Codeception, Behat, Mink or others.
- Solid expertise in Docker and Kubernetes as well as CI tools like Jenkins, or GitHub Actions.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job