Senior Platform Engineer - Infrastructure, DevOps (Berlin or Cagliari)
Do you believe that modern infrastructure should be treated as software? That it deserves the same respect and should be treated as a craft? Would you like to use your own engineering skills to make a positive impact on humanity? Together, at AMBOSS we will make that happen.
We've created a unique online learning platform for medical education. Growing markets, user numbers and products mean we are continuously encountering new engineering challenges. We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented engineer with a passion for infrastructure and all things devops that wants to be part of our growing international team, impacting on how we develop, ship, and grow our products.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
What you will do
- Design, build and continuously improve the AMBOSS developer platform to enable other teams to ship fast and reliably.
- Consult with our product teams to help them to automate their workflows, reduce lead times, increase reliability and stability of their services.
- Contribute to software architecture decisions, participate in infrastructure and backend code reviews to ensure solutions have the right balance between quality and impact.
- We love data and transparency, so we enjoy tracking, measuring and visualizing the effects of our work.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of experience with Linux systems in a DevOps or engineering role
- 5+ years of experience in the AWS ecosystem (at the moment we use EKS, RDS, Elasticache, ElasticSearch, S3, CloudFront, Lambda)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Jenkins X, Spinnaker, etc)
- Good understanding of monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog)
- Willingness to travel once a month to Berlin office (travelling costs will be reimbursed) if working remotely
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.*
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.*
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.*
*available only for Berlin office
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job