Senior Data Engineer (Python, Kafka, Airflow)
Do data and tech get you pumped? Do you see data as an essential part of problem-solving? Would you love to apply your expertise and passion to build a data platform that improves healthcare for billions? If you answered yes to all the above, read on to find out how you can join us as our Senior Data Engineer!
Market and user growth along with product expansion means we continuously encounter new engineering challenges across all different fields, but especially in regard to data. This is why we’re expanding our data foundations team.
The data foundation team at AMBOSS is dedicated to building a world-class data and insights platform that serves the business and our users. Our vision is to enable AMBOSS to become the best company in the world, leveraging data and insights to drive the business forward. Our data platform is used by over 150 internal stakeholders to make data-driven decisions and makes it easy to efficiently produce, manage, and consume high-quality data for analysts and stakeholders.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, build, and continuously improve the AMBOSS data platform to enable other teams to make data-driven decisions, automate their data workflows, and increase the reliability of their data.
- Work closely with your team, the data chapter leads to plan and build sustainable technical solutions that address business data needs.
- Build and maintain our event and real-time data pipelines as well as our overall data architecture.
- Address current challenges like: revamping our data warehouse schema versioning and deployment; integrating Segment schema validation to our real-time pipeline; and providing a data quality stack for all other chapters, covering everything from raw data to anomaly detection.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 6+ years of practical experience in engineering, at least 3 years related to data.
- Passion for data and experience in both building and working with data architectures that handle terabytes of data and billions of events per month in real-time and batch.
- Broad understanding and deep knowledge of data technologies; ideally, expertise in one area and general knowledge in many others. (We currently use Python, Scala, Go, Kafka, Airflow, BigQuery, TensorFlow, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Kubernetes, and many more).
- Experience working across different cloud data stacks.
- Up-to-date knowledge about new developments and the ability to drive our data stack forward.
- Team player attitude with experience in hiring, coaching, and mentoring data peers
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the haemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job