Senior Data Analyst - Finance
As our Senior Data Analyst - Finance, you will work within the Finance Team to evaluate the performance of company initiatives and optimize our business strategy across our various markets. In this quantitative and collaborative role, you will develop metrics and models well-suited to: (a) identifying the value that our products and actions contribute towards our goals, and (b) forecasting how the company’s prospects will develop.
Why Finance at AMBOSS?
Finance offers you a vibrant atmosphere home to a dynamic, close-knit team. Far from limiting you to one far-flung corner of the office, the cross-departmental nature of your work will afford you a fantastic overview of the whole organization as you support teams with impactful analysis and financial insight. You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects, so you don’t have to worry about a varied workday, and you can rely on a supportive team environment as well as the space to come up with your own solutions to problems. What’s not to love?
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Closely collaborate with your colleagues from Finance as well as Product and Marketing to examine key company initiatives and provide a comprehensive overview of the impact they are having.
- Look for cross-market insights and develop a deep understanding of topics such as user retention, product pricing, customer lifetime value, and revenue growth.
- Find the right portfolio mix of our initiatives considering risk and return and share your insights with stakeholders to help them gain confidence in their decision-making.
- Help to create an internal forecasting knowledge hub and be a trusted partner for stakeholders who can approach you to assess the different courses of action and their likely effect on company financials.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A university degree in a quantitative discipline such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, or an equivalent field.
- Several years of experience using data to answer real-world questions with an ability to explain complex topics to others in a manner that is clear, concise, and collegial.
- Proficiency in core statistical modeling approaches and knowledge of time-series analysis and forecasting
- Strong knowledge of a programming language (preferably Python) for model building and data visualization; experience working with SQL and navigating in a relational database environment.
- A shared enthusiasm for learning new things (as Finance may be) and mentoring other team members on technical matters.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: make use of our flextime, home office, and office abroad options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, crosstalks, and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of our amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job