Senior Data Analyst - Finance
As our Senior Data Analyst - Finance, you will work within the Finance Team to evaluate company initiatives’ performance and optimize our business strategy across our various markets. In this quantitative, technical role, you will develop metrics and models well-suited to (a) identifying the value that our products and actions contribute towards our goals and (b) forecasting how the company’s prospects will develop.
Why Finance at AMBOSS?
Finance offers you a vibrant atmosphere home to a dynamic, close-knit team. Far from limiting you to one far-flung corner of the office, the cross-departmental nature of your work will afford you a fantastic overview of the whole organization as you support teams with impactful analysis and financial insight. You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects, so you don’t have to worry about a varied workday, and you can rely on a supportive team environment as well as the space to come up with solutions to problems. What’s not to love?
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve taken the health tech industry by storm and revolutionized the way physicians acquire their know-how. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, we’ve created the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market!
What will you do
- Work with other finance team members to analyze key company initiatives and provide a comprehensive overview of the impact they are having.
- Look for cross-market insights and trends in user retention, product pricing, customer lifetime value, and revenue growth.
- Find the right portfolio mix of our initiatives considering risk and return, and provide senior leadership confidence in their decision-making.
- Help create an internal forecasting knowledge hub that stakeholders can approach to assess the different courses of action and their likely effect on company financials.
What will you bring
- Several years of experience using data to answer real-world questions and inform organizational decision-making with a knack for assessing potential biases in different data sources and analytical approaches.
- Proficiency in core statistical modeling approaches; knowledge of time-series analysis and forecasting, machine learning methods, or causal inference is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of a programming language (preferably Python) for model building and data visualization.
- Experience working with SQL and navigating a modern data warehouse.
- The ability and willingness to mentor team members on technical matters.
- The ability to explain complex topics to others in a manner that is clear, concise, and collegial.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your biological clock: Make use of our flextime, home office, and office abroad options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks,” and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of our amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Does your doctor recommend time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Welcome to AMBOSS!
We have always celebrated diversity and inclusivity and are proud to offer an environment free from limitations based on social categorization. At AMBOSS, every person, from every background and demographic, has an equal place at the table and space to voice their ideas. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission!
Apply for this job