Senior Backend Engineer (Python) - Search
All EU Offices
We are AMBOSS, we help medical professionals to make more confident decisions with smart tools designed for clinicians on the go and we have an exciting opportunity for a senior python engineer! You would be joining a cross-functional team of passionate software engineers who build specialized medical search engine in AMBOSS. Our mission is to decrease time required to access the relevant medical knowledge.
Join us and create software to help physicians make better decisions and improve patient outcomes.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog (updated weekly) and get a sneak peek at what the team is up to.
What you will do
On the Search team, you will own, build, maintain backend services for the AMBOSS medical search. Together with your other contributors and stakeholders, you'll decide how and what features should be build to provide the fastest possible access to the relevant medical knowledge.
- Implement, deploy, maintain, and quickly adjust backend applications.
- Design, develop and maintain REST and GraphQL APIs for various front ends.
- Define and maintain resilient, fault-tolerant infrastructure for the AMBOSS Search.
- Automate quality assurance process.
How do we work?We do a lot of pair programming, talk to each other often, we believe in collaboration. We are a remote-friendly team with team members working in the office full time and others working full time from a home office. We try to meet every few months face to face.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of practical backend experience (at the current moment the Search stack includes Python, EKS, RDS, Elasticsearch, Redis, BigQuery).
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Efficient knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Practical experience with automated software testing: unit tests, BDD, property-based testing etc.
- Nice to have: experience with ML, data pipeline, Golang.
- Backend: Python, aiohttp, Fastapi, graphene, Asyncio, celery
- Databases: Elasticsearch, Redis, Google BigQuery
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (AWS EKS), CI/CD (Jenkins)
- NLP: Python, SpaCy
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job