Senior Backend Engineer
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to play a key role in the creation of a product that has the potential to improve medical care for millions of people.
AMBOSS believes in quality, and we are continuously looking for ways to improve our backend. Are you the backend developer that wants to maintain an ever-expanding cloud-based product where you have the freedom to develop your ideas and make an impact in the global world of Healthcare?
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in the migration to microservices with Python and Go.
- Further expansion and maintenance of our API based on GraphQL.
- Refining implementation in rounds of code review, quality assurance, and PO acceptance.
- Being proactive and driving the tasks you are working on.
- Covering your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Architecture and API design decisions working on a cross-functional team.
- Monitoring during operation (using tools such as Datadog and Sentry) for analysis and optimization.
- Collaboration with our support team in escalation cases (troubleshooting or usability optimization).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- An expert understanding of PHP with strong expertise in other languages (i.e. Python, Go) to develop applications and microservices.
- Experience with modern frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc., and understanding the principles underlying them.
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code.
- Great SQL knowledge and expert skills in database query optimization.
- Routine in working with development tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, XDebug, etc.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your information.
Apply for this job