Principal Frontend Engineer/Chapter Lead
All EU Offices
We are AMBOSS, and we’re looking for someone to lead our frontend chapter. Frontend engineers at AMBOSS are at the frontline in shaping our user experience of how doctors and students make their decisions, ultimately impacting the healthcare of billions of people worldwide. We are looking for someone with a passion to get the most out of technology and people, setting the pace and direction of excellence for frontend engineering craft. You’ll be partnering with our CTO Elmar on setting the goals and strategy for the frontend technologies and our frontend engineers to make it happen across the teams.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
Check out our Engineering, Product & Design blog (updated weekly) and get a sneak peek at what the Engineering team is up to.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own and evolve our frontend architecture, ensure the frontend ecosystem/codebase can be worked on by 20+ engineers. Including paradigms and best practices, frontend performance and user experience, including monitoring and metrics, internal tooling/CLI/code generation, coding standards, testing approach, etc.
- Organize, facilitate and evolve the front-end chapter with 15 engineers.
- Partner with the CTO on tech roadmaps and technical opportunities. Support tech decisions in teams and help out on new and important projects.
- Be a voice in the developer community, contribute and influence the AMBOSS employer branding from your area of expertise.
- You will split your time between hands-on coding in impactful projects and leadership of the frontend chapter.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience working in front-end code bases that were shared among multiple teams and dozen or more engineers.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and significant experience in full stack (backend, frontend, platform/CI/CD) development with a strong focus on frontend technologies.
- Production experience in React (3+ years) and at least one other framework like AngularJS or VueJS in large scale projects.
- Understanding of the inner workings of browser architecture (rendering, threading,).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job