Medical Student Advisor
We are looking for physicians (or current med students) to advise fellow graduates and students on how to succeed in their exams. As a resident Medical Student Advisor, you will be responsible for providing expert guidance on USMLE exam preparation strategies to students around the world.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist medical students and recent graduates (especially international medical graduates) on exam preparation strategies, via phone / video calls and webinars
- Provide motivation and moral support to students, aiming to become a trusted coach
- Provide a compelling demo of the AMBOSS platform and guide with purchase options
- Become an expert in the USMLE and the overall residency process
- Author blog articles and host AMAs with students
- Play a founding role in setting up an all-new division inside a rapidly growing company
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- MD (or equivalent) degree, or soon to be completed medical studies, or a current medical student in a gap year
- Command over the English Language, both written and verbal
- Ability to come across as expert & authoritative
- Knowledge about AMBOSS or US-based medical curriculum (we expect you to have basic knowledge, our team will train you to become an expert)
- Appeared for the USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK exams
- Motivated, driven and willing to learn and grow
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then take the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job