Medical Editor (student content) (f/m/x)
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research. Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 200 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
Are you passionate about medicine, writing, and teaching? Would you like to dive into communicating intellectually complex medical content? Do you want to help students across the world study smarter and still have nights and weekends free? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you as our next Medical Editor (student content) (f/m/x)! Help us continue to revolutionize medical education worldwide!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in a team to help expand and maintain the medical content of AMBOSS
- Create new teaching material, including medical texts and/or illustrations (together with our illustrators)
- Generate practice exam questions, write detailed explanations, and integrate all of this into our learning software
- Maintain our Learning Cards and practice exam questions by integrating user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines
- Plan and implement new features, ranging from small additions to entirely new apps or products
- Review and revise team members’ work
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK
- Native command of the English Language, written and verbal skills
- A strong passion for editorial work and teaching; with first hand experience a real plus!
- Creativity and a strong work ethic
- Availability for at least 6 months of full or part-time work
- Previous experience with AMBOSS or US-based medical curriculum
- Willingness to move to Berlin, Germany, or New York City is a plus!
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
A successful application should include a cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your experience with AMBOSS (if any)?
- What would your ideal working schedule look like?
- What is your availability for the next 12+ months?
- Are you willing to move to one of our offices (Berlin, Cologne, New York) or are you limited geographically?
Apply for this job