Medical Editor (Physician Content) (f/m/x)
Are you a physician who is passionate about sewing up the knowledge gaps of your colleagues? Are you looking for flexible work hours that allow you to treat yourself while helping others treat their patients? Want to help lower the blood pressure of your friends working nights and weekends without working nights and weekends? Would you like to have a voice in developing new content for students and physicians?
Sound impossible? Keep reading to find out how you can have it all while helping us revolutionize medical education worldwide!
AMBOSS is a company built by doctors for doctors with the mission of making medical information universally accessible and effective. Launched in 2012 by a group of young physicians, AMBOSS has become a leading medical education platform in the US and the rest of the world. More than half a million medical students and doctors worldwide rely on AMBOSS for learning, teaching, and practicing medicine.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in a team of motivated physicians to help plan, develop, and write new medical content for physicians
- Apply your clinical knowledge and experience in reviewing and optimizing existing content in our platform
- Collaborate with our graphic designers to create new flowcharts and illustrations
- Integrate user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines to keep our content current
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with our product teams to optimize our platform and interface
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
You should have:
- M.D. degree (or equivalent)
- Current or recent clinical experience working as a physician in the field of Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, or Anesthesia (ideally in the U.S.)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proficiency in interpreting U.S. clinical literature and medical society guidelines
- Talent and passion for explaining complex medical topics to others
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to commit to full or part-time work
You might have:
- Scientific/clinical editorial or teaching experience
- Completion of USMLE® Step 1, Step 2CK, Step 3, and/or MBBS or AMC-MCQ
- German language skills
- Interest in moving to Berlin, Cologne, or New York City
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: balance your work and life with flexible working hours, home office options, and long holidays (26 days of paid vacation in DE and 20 days of paid vacation in the US).
- Stay fit and healthy: enjoy your free gym membership (DE) and our sponsored medical, vision, and dental plans (US).
- Need more serotonin? Join our monthly team-bonding events, game nights, and free lunches in our offices.
- Keep those synapses firing: profit from many the learning opportunities we offer, including seminars, lectures, and personal coaching.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our offices, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Care about the environment: enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a free monthly train pass or free bicycle (DE).
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job