Medical Editor (Physician Content)
Are you a physician who is passionate about sewing up the knowledge gaps of your colleagues? Are you looking for flexible work hours without sacrificing your interest in medicine? Would you like to have a voice in developing new content for physicians?
Sound impossible? Keep reading to find out how you can have it all while helping us revolutionize medical education worldwide!
AMBOSS is a company built by physicians for physicians with the mission of making medical information accessible and effective. Launched in 2012 by a group of young physicians, AMBOSS has become a leading medical education platform in the US and the rest of the world. More than half a million medical students and physicians worldwide rely on AMBOSS for learning, teaching, and practicing medicine.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with other motivated physicians to help plan, develop, and write new medical content for U.S. physicians
- Apply your clinical knowledge and experience towards reviewing and optimizing existing content in our platform
- Collaborate with our graphic designers to create new flowcharts and illustrations
- Integrate user feedback and incorporate new evidence-based guidelines to keep our content current
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with our marketing and product teams to optimize our platform and interface for physicians
- Collaborate with our content partners, including CoreIM podcast
- Become an expert in using our content management system
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- M.D. degree (or equivalent)
- Current or recent clinical experience working as a physician (ideally in the U.S.)
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proficiency in finding, interpreting, and applying U.S. clinical literature and medical society guidelines
- Strong understanding of evidence-based medicine and critical appraisal
- Talent and passion for explaining complex medical topics to others
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Creativity and ability to think out of the box
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- 20 hrs to 40 hrs availability per week
You might have:
- Scientific/clinical editorial or teaching experience
- Completion of USMLE® Step 1, Step 2CK, Step 3
- German language skills
- Interest in developing content for podcasts
- Interest in moving to Berlin, Cologne, or New York City (remote work also possible)
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Keep your nerve cells healthy with a generous paid holiday schedule.
- Set your own biological clock: Choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars and crosstalks.
- No risk of high cholesterol in the office! Dig into healthy food and snacks and wash it down with the help of an amazing coffee machine.
- Feeling under the weather? We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental).
- Doctor recommending time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
A successful application should include a CV and a cover letter (in English) that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this position?
- What kind of clinical experience do you have and how do you think you could apply it as an editor?
- What has been your experience with AMBOSS (if any)?
- What are you looking for in a new employer and what would your ideal working schedule look like?
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for this job