Medical Editor Illustration Team
Berlin or Cologne
Hello, we are AMBOSS. We are currently looking for a doctor to join our medical illustrations team. Are you a physician looking for a job combining creativity, a great work-life balance, and an inspiring team environment?
In this position, you’ll apply your medical training to help our illustrators create well-researched illustrations that support the learning of our medical student- and physician users. Help us produce the reliable resource you wish you’d had in your own training, and contribute to improving medical care for millions of people worldwide!
Why Medical at AMBOSS?
Medical at AMBOSS is a warm, open, and progressive environment, with close-knit communities keeping you connected whether you’re working in the office or remotely. The flat hierarchy within AMBOSS Medical encourages autonomy and amplifies its friendly and supportive atmosphere, setting the perfect backdrop for collaboration, growth, and free-flowing ideas.
Whether you’re all in for change or looking to complement your clinical career, we can make this a reality while significantly increasing the number of patients’ lives you impact.
What you will do:
- Work closely with other medical editors and our trained medical illustrators to create accurate illustrations of clinical conditions, procedures, pathophysiology, and other medical content.
- Participate in the development and refinement of our illustration style and workflows.
- Evaluate user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines to update our existing illustrations and keep our content current.
- Collaborate with medical editors in our article and question bank teams to improve the integration of our illustrations, articles, and questions, and ensure we produce content that precisely targets our user's needs.
- Create succinct descriptions that clarify our more complex illustrations for the users.
What you will bring:
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are essential (minimum C1 or equivalent); additional professional German skills are preferred.
- Medical graduate or very soon to be completed medical studies (clinical experience is a plus).
- Interest and talent for explaining complex medical topics to others visually (illustration skills are not required, since trained illustrators will be working based on your research and rough sketches)
- Strong understanding of evidence-based medicine.
- Creative team player who will flourish in a flat hierarchy with a friendly open feedback culture.
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK, is a real plus.
- Full-time availability from either our Cologne or Berlin offices is preferred but not essential.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job