HR Generalist - US Workforce (for our Berlin Office)
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for an HR Generalist who will support our People Ops team with their daily tasks as well as projects and all other operational HR tasks with a focus on our US workforce (currently 25 employees and growing).
Are you reliable, detail-oriented, structured, proactive, and have a passion for employee experience? Then we absolutely want to meet you!
At AMBOSS we are passionate about supporting our people in their development. Our HR team focuses on the expansion of an employee-oriented company culture, in which everyone has the opportunity to take ownership over their projects while learning and collaborating with the rest of the team. We are all-rounders and our motivation comes from supporting AMBOSS in achieving success.
As an HR Generalist, you will:
- Act as the first point of contact to consult, answer and solve contractual, labour law, payroll and benefits-related queries and requests from employees and managers for our friendly team of over 500 employees in Berlin, Cologne, New York, Italy and home offices around the world.
- Be the dedicated HR contact person for all of our US employees.
- Create and issue HR documents (e.g. employment contracts, contract amendments, reference letters, termination agreements).
- Support the onboarding of new employees, including managing relocation and visa processes of international employees.
- Administer our attractive benefits for US employees (Medical Plans, 401k etc.).
- Accurately maintain employee data in our HRIS (BambooHR & Justworks).
- Collaborate in the preparatory payroll process (Germany and US).
- Optimise operational processes and continuously improve aspects of the employee experience.
- Support in HR projects, e.g. in the area of Employee Development & Employer Branding, Mobility, HR Analytics.
For this Role, you will bring:
- A successfully completed education in Business Administration, Psychology or in a comparable degree course, ideally with a focus on Human Resources.
- Relevant work experience with a US workforce in an administrative role with exposure to HR topics , Experience in US Labor Law (ideally including, but not limited to NY labour law regulations).
- Strong communication skills.
- Joy in work with an international and dynamic team.
- Distinct ability to multitask and work with accuracy.
- Structured work approach to ensure deadlines are met even in times of high workload.
- Ability to grasp things quickly and work independently.
- Fluent in English.
- Willingness to travel to our US subsidiary in NY on a bi-yearly basis.
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how. By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a gym membership or Fitbit.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job