Head of Design
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for a new Head of Design!
The Head of design will empower and develop a team of 10 driven creatives and will collaborate with different departments to develop campaigns that will shape the AMBOSS brand globally!
WHY AMBOSS?AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how. By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
WHY MARKETING AT AMBOSS?
With open communication, an intrinsically collaborative spirit, and a healthy dose of experimentation, Marketing offers the perfect environment for you to grow both professionally and personally. Benefit from an energy-rich atmosphere where your ambitious, creative, and empathetic teammates bring their humanity to the table every day to support doctors worldwide. As part of the Marketing team at AMBOSS, you have the opportunity to drive real change and witness first-hand your positive impact on the world of health care.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for building, leading, and inspiring our cross-functional team of designers
- Prioritize work, requests and resources based on strategic choices, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments.
- Guide your team to conceptualize and develop campaigns driven by insights and vision.
- Collaborate with different departments to develop campaign ideas and identify opportunities.
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions to define trends and innovative ideas to inspire AMBOSSians worldwide.
- Significantly influence and shape the AMBOSS brand globally, with particular focus on the US market
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A mix of creative thinking and commercial understanding
- Excellent communication skills that will allow you to deliver your ideas with gravitas, empathy and trust
- Proven and extensive experience of thought leadership, coaching and inspiring teams
- A natural eye for translating the vision and powerful ideas into compelling designs that connect with audiences of all types
- Significant experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, with an understanding of offline and print
- Passion for innovative online and mobile trends, creative solutions, and collective development of ideas
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and responsive design
- An in-depth understanding of and exposure to the US market and consumers is absolutely essential
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job