Head of Accounting & Tax
Do you want to nurture a fantastic accounting team that makes outstanding contributions to our organization’s successes? Develop a world-class stakeholder-centric process that makes it easy to manage global capital streams. Drive innovation by implementing, nurturing, and improving our ways of working. As our Head of Accounting & Tax, you will directly impact the global financial successes and stability of AMBOSS.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is taking the healthtech industry by storm and revolutionizing the way physicians acquire their know-how! As a medical education company, we strive to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Driven by this goal, we are continuously working with the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference tool on the market; delivering up-to-date, life-saving medical knowledge into the hands of physicians at any time and anywhere.
By 2017, we had successfully transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. To this day, we continue to innovate as we expand our products and services globally across the healthcare industry. This exciting moment in our history, defined by our exponential growth and success, makes now the perfect time for you to develop your career with AMBOSS and make your mark on the future of medicine!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead and grow the accounting team to support AMBOSS on its way to becoming the #1 medical knowledge resource worldwide
- Manage and supervise all accounting and tax processes incl. all general and subledgers, cash flow management and reportings
- Prepare monthly management accounts as well as our investor reporting and act as a business partner for senior management
- Be responsible for special finance projects regarding our ongoing internationalization or the introduction of new accounting and tax software
- Streamline accounting processes aiming at efficiency, speed and accuracy; establish an effective working capital management process
- Lead and prepare the annual account creation and audit process and be the main contact partner for auditors, tax consultants and tax offices
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- University degree with excellent results majoring in Accounting or Finance; additional education, e.g. tax advisor (“Steuerberater”) or auditor (“Wirtschaftsprüfer”) is a strong plus
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience, e.g. at a Big 4 audit firm, a large corporate or in a similar position at a fast growing scale-up; tech / SaaS experience is a big plus
- Very good leadership skills and team player mentality with a hands-on and getting-things-done attitude; highly analytical mindset with the ability to get to the heart of complex issues
- Profound knowledge of HGB and IFRS as well as local tax laws, experience in group reporting and consolidation; knowledge of international tax laws is a plus
- Proficiency in using accounting software and ERP systems; experience in selecting and implementing an ERP system is a plus
- Excellent communication skills both in German and English language
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot. This offer is until now limited to our Berlin office.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job