Why Finance at AMBOSS?
Finance offers you a vibrant atmosphere home to a dynamic, close-knit team. Far from limiting you to one far-flung corner of the office, the cross-departmental nature of your work will afford you a fantastic overview of the whole organization as you support teams with impactful analysis and financial insight. You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects, so you don’t have to worry about a varied workday, and you can rely on a supportive team environment as well as the space to come up with your own solutions to problems. Fostering professional development, AMBOSS also offers workshops and seminars to help you refine your technical and soft skills. What’s not to love?
What you will do:
- Perform as a central knowledge center of the business, providing analysis and insights in AMBOSS’ markets, including: forecasting, pricing analyses, risk management or assessing new investment opportunities.
- Build financial models, run scenario analyses and provide data analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunity; conduct monthly variance analyses to keep track of key financial and user metrics.
- Be an integral part of the annual and quarterly business planning cycles to help shape and inform company wide goal-setting and business-critical decision-making.
- Support the preparation of financial reporting packages to management and shareholders.
- Contribute to the expansion, sophistication and automation of internal reporting processes.
- Develop partnerships with key operational stakeholders (Marketing, Sales Teams, R&D, HR) and be a sparring partner in their decision making by providing impactful analysis working closely together with our Data/BI team.
What you will bring:
- A university degree or similar in Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics or a comparable subject, with an academic record of high achievement.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills. German is a plus.
- First relevant working experience (e.g. in a first job, during internships or as a working student).
- Excellent Excel / spreadsheet skills. Knowledge of analytical / BI-tools and techniques (coding and SQL capabilities) are a plus.
- Good understanding of financial principles and relevant metrics.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a pronounced sense of responsibility.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to synthesize complex information and deliver effective recommendations to all levels.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Help us on our mission of empowering all doctors to provide the best possible care by sharing this job with your network.
Share this job