As a Financial Analyst, you will be immersed in various areas within our finance team and gain unique and comprehensive insights into the operations of a fast-growing scale-up. Your work will have a tangible impact and inform critical business decision-making. In your day-to-day work, you will be able to explore various aspects of a career in finance with hands-on experience in core finance topics such as FP&A and Corporate Finance. You’ll also dive into the operational side of the business through commercial planning, pricing analyses, market opportunity assessments, and more. Working within cross-functional teams ranging from core finance colleagues to our BI specialists and specific market leads will allow you to enhance your skills and diversify your experience. Fostering professional development, AMBOSS offers workshops and seminars to help you refine your skills, as well as continue to grow together with the team.
Why Finance at AMBOSS?
Finance offers you a vibrant atmosphere home to a dynamic, close-knit team. Far from limiting you to one far-flung corner of the office, the cross-departmental nature of your work will afford you a fantastic overview of the whole organization as you support teams with impactful analysis and financial insight. You’ll have the chance to work on a diverse range of projects, so you don’t have to worry about a varied workday, and you can rely on a supportive team environment as well as the space to come up with your own solutions to problems. What’s not to love?
Why AMBOSS?AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how. By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform
In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
What you will do
- Perform as a central knowledge centre of the business, providing analysis and insights in AMBOSS’ markets, including forecasting, pricing analyses, risk management or assessing new investment opportunities.
- Build financial models, run scenario analyses and provide data analytics to identify areas of risk and opportunity; conduct monthly variance analyses to keep track of key financial and user metrics.
- Be an integral part of the annual and quarterly business planning cycles to help shape and inform company-wide goal-setting and business-critical decision-making.
- Support the preparation of financial reporting packages to management and shareholders.
- Contribute to the expansion, sophistication, and automation of internal reporting processes.
- Develop partnerships with key operational stakeholders and be a sparring partner in their decision making by providing impactful analysis working closely together with our Data/BI team
What you will bring
- A university degree or similar in Business Administration, Economics, Industrial Engineering Business Informatics or a comparable subject.
- First relevant working experience (e.g. in a first job, during internships, or as a working student)
- Excellent excel/spreadsheet skills and knowledge of analytical / BI tools and techniques (coding and SQL capabilities are a plus)
- Good understanding of financial principles and familiarity with accounting rules and principles
- Entrepreneurial thinking and a pronounced sense of responsibility
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication skills and the ability to get to the heart of complex issues
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing with a learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- Flex your cortex! Take part in our internal and external seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job