Engineering Manager (Growth)
Do you love bringing out the best in people and teams? Would you like to build and enable a strong team of resourceful engineers to make experiences for our users easy and run growth experiments that allow AMBOSS to improve healthcare for billions? Then keep reading because we are looking for you as our new Engineering Manager - Growth!
Engineering Manager roles at AMBOSS span a wide variety of responsibilities of people, product, engineering, and delivery. You will enable your team to run experiments and improve the user experience at a high velocity by building smart and impactful solutions. We will rely on you to ensure that engineers grow as they achieve their mission goals, to provide leadership while influencing culture, to facilitate technical delivery, to work with your team on growth strategy, practices and execution.
Currently, our growth team focuses on improving the user onboarding experience to ensure users get the most out of AMBOSS during the first few days, but works depending on opportunities along the whole user journey.
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build, lead and serve a high performing growth team of engineers, designers and analysts through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Instil a growth mindset and enable the team to deliver high impact, high value product changes through data driven experimentation.
- Work closely with your team, product managers, marketing leads and VP of Growth to have a continuous pipeline of hypotheses and ideas to work on.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- First and foremost experience and passion for developing people and teams.
- 2 + years professional experience working in a people manager role and you know what it takes to grow people and make them succeed.
- Analytical, data-driven and pragmatic mindset that fits in with a growth hacking approach and can translate this into a team.
- Experience working in a growth or metric-driven product team.
- You have led complex engineering efforts and know what it takes to deliver while encouraging a healthy, supportive and autonomous team environment.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Apply for this job