WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Do you believe that modern infrastructure should be treated as software? That it deserves the same respect and should be treated as a craft? Would you like to use your own engineering skills to make a positive impact on humanity? Together, at AMBOSS we will make that happen.
We've created a unique online learning platform for medical education. Growing markets, user numbers and products mean we are continuously encountering new engineering challenges. We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented engineer with a passion for infrastructure and all things DevOps that wants to be part of our growing international team, impacting on how we develop, ship, and grow our products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design, build and continuously improve the AMBOSS developer platform to enable other teams to ship fast and reliable.
- Consult with our product teams to help them to automate their workflows, reduce lead times, increase reliability and stability of their services.
- Contribute to software architecture decisions, participate in infrastructure and backend code reviews to ensure solutions have the right balance between quality and impact.
- We love data and transparency, so we enjoy tracking, measuring and visualizing the effects of our work.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 2+ years of practical operational experience with Linux systems in a DevOps or engineering role.
- Good knowledge of the AWS ecosystem (we use at the moment EC2, EKS, RDS, Elasticache, S3, CloudFront, Lamba) or similar cloud ecosystems like GCP.
- Experience with Kubernetes (we use Kubernetes, Helm).
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc).
- Proficiency with at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Go).
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Jenkins X, Spinnaker, etc).
- Good understanding of Monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, Datadog).
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Apply for this job