Creative Director (US Market)
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research. Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
This is a rare opportunity to join us in a key Creative Leadership role. You will work in an open culture with a team of like minded individuals who are passionate about taking AMBOSS to the next level, shaping our brand, setting the tone of voice and helping us scale.
If you are a down to earth Creative with a proven track record in a digital, data-driven, marketing environment, whether that be agency or corporate world , then please do read on!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Creative Director for our US markets you will be responsible for building, leading, and inspiring our passionate and driven creatives. You will supervise a cross-functional team of designers in the development of messages and deliverables. And will prioritize work and resources based on strategic choices, establishing production schedules by collaborating with designers, copywriters, and production departments.
You will use your in-depth understanding of the US market to guide your team to conceptualize and develop campaigns driven by insights and vision. And will collaborate with different departments to develop campaign ideas and identify opportunities. You will lead creative brainstorming sessions to define trends and innovative ideas to inspire AMBOSSians worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to shape not just your own role but the AMBOSS brand globally
In this challenging role no two days will be the same. You will be strategic yet hands on. You will enjoy getting in the detail but also know when it’s time to step back and delegate. Change will be a constant theme so thriving on this and being able to pivot will be key to your success!
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- A mix of creative thinking and business understanding
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that will allow you to deliver your ideas with empathy and trust
- A track record of coaching and inspiring teams
- A natural eye for designing dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
- Experience creating integrated content across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Passionate about innovative online and mobile trends, creative solutions and collective development of ideas
- High level of creativity and an eye for details & aesthetics
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and responsive design
- In depth understanding of the US market and consumer - essential
- English language skills on a native level, German is a plus
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job