Copy Editor (English)
If you’re passionate about the art of language and the language of science, we would be delighted to meet you! We’re looking for a new copy editor for our English copyediting team, which plays a vital role in the editorial processes at AMBOSS. In this role, you will be working with medical professionals on a resource used by medical students and clinicians around the world.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve taken the health tech industry by storm and revolutionized the way physicians acquire their know-how. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, we’ve created the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market!
We hit the ground running and, by 2017, transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. Today, we’re continuously finding new ways to innovate, expanding our products and services globally and throughout the healthcare industry. With our exponential growth and track record of success, now is the perfect time for you to join us, develop your career, and help to shape the future of medicine!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit medical texts in accordance with our in-house style guide
- Provide language support for our medical writers
- Coordinate and establish conventions with the copyediting team
- Assist with internal and external communications
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Deep interest in the intricacies of English and exceptional (native-level) skills
- Substantial experience in scientific editing (medical editing would be even better)
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to edit according to a style guide
- Outstanding communication skills and a passion for explaining rules
- Ability to work from our Cologne or Berlin office in Germany
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks,” and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches and healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed in Berlin, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job