Business Intelligence Team Lead
Do data and tech get you excited? Are your communication and coaching abilities superb in helping your team and stakeholders succeed with actionable insights? Has applying this to improve healthcare for millions of people has always been your dream? If you answered yes to all the above, read on to find out how you can join us as a Business Intelligence Lead!
Market growth along with product expansion means we continuously encounter new analytical needs across our business. As our business grows, the Data Team at AMBOSS is evolving to supports changing business needs and is dedicated to building a best-in-class data and insights platform that supports AMBOSSians.
Why Data & AI at AMBOSS?
Our vision is to enable AMBOSS to become the clinical support tool of choice. Data is at the core of decision-making at AMBOSS; our colleagues want to genuinely understand our customers across a diverse range of product functionality, editorial content, and market presence.
The Data Team is a broad range of individuals from different backgrounds and expertise. We work collaboratively to bring our skills and insights to the unique intersection of domains within AMBOSS. Over 150 internal stakeholders use the AMBOSS data platform to make data-driven actions. We want to make it easy and efficient to conscientiously produce, manage, and consume high-quality data.
What you will do
- Re-envision and re-build our Business Intelligence tooling and frameworks, using industry best practices and world class visualization tools
- Continually improve our data platform and processes using industry best practices, including optimizing the efficiency and reliability of daily reporting
- Nurture a team of analysts, and through hands-on support and mentoring, coach team members to evolve our data-driven approach
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify opportunities, shape roadmaps, and identify dependencies requiring business intelligence resources
- Promote data literacy company-wide by training the team to complete their investigation independently
What you will bring
- Minimum of 12 years experience working in business intelligence and/ or quantitative roles with at least 5 years of experience leading teams.
- Solid experience providing clarity to a complex team of senior to junior professionals and creating successes for all under your wings
- Experience in project management of replacing or installing business intelligence tools, including requirements gathering, procurement, and deployment
- Knowledge of picking the appropriate analytical tools and methodologies where you consistently transform technical findings into actionable business insights
- Ability to communicate effectively using visualizations and create compelling narratives that enable stakeholders to make effective business decisions
- Understanding of ETL/ELT processes and the advantages that good process management brings to a high-quality business intelligence function
- Beneficial to have experience with best practice frameworks and methods, e.g., BPMN, BEAM, Data Vault, CRISP-DM
- Helpful, but not essential, having professional experience in statistical programming languages (SQL and Python).
- Bonus points for having worked with educational/knowledge reference products or subscription-based/content-based business models
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing with a learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- Flex your cortex! Take part in our internal and external seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an excellent Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job