We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Agile Coach to guide our teams as we scale into the international market. Join us in our agile journey and contribute to creating a place where successes are celebrated and shared, where people become their best selves and work collaboratively within cross-functional teams.
With your help, we’ll be able to deliver improvements and new features in our product even faster and even more in line with the needs of our users: physicians and medical students all over the world. You will also support us in driving change processes in line with agile principles across the organization.
You will join a growing team of 4 Agile Coaches who are embedded in engineering and editorial teams. We have a structured approach to maturing product teams, sparring and supporting each other is the norm - we’re humble servants to the teams and very determined in our mission.
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Act as an Agile Coach in our highly motivated cross-functional teams
- Guiding the teams towards improving the way they work and achieving their sprint goals
- Facilitate Scrum meetings and provide support on backlog grooming and release plans
- Work closely with the Product Owners and the CTO
- Ensure cross-team coordination and collaboration
- Remove impediments blocking or slowing down the teams
- Take responsibility for managing dependencies between different cross-functional teams
- Help us fostering transparency and communication throughout the organization
- Uncover organizational impediments and help remove these
- Contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the development process is in focus
- Continuously improve our collaborative working process through planned retrospectives
- Facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, and team off-sites
- Actively try to identify areas of improvement and conceptualize methods on how to be more efficient
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Multiple years of experience as Scrum Master/Agile Coach, ideally in more than one company
- Passion for the underlying principles of Agile, not only the religious application of a scheme
- A deep understanding of computer science, business informatics or comparable areas
- A good technical understanding as well as outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- A self-driven personality and team player with great communication skills
- Able to work independently to discover, define and resolve organizational challenges
- Extensive knowledge about and experience in utilizing different agile practices & methods and their advantages/limitations in various situations
- Deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching
- Experience with coaching and educating of teams, developers, product owners and other stakeholders
- Comfortable raising issues to improve collaboration and helping teams grow, even if it challenges our existing structures or beliefs
- Down-to-earth personality with a sense of humor
- Excellent English language skills
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job