Frequently Asked Questions
Learn More About AMBOSS
Who is AMBOSS made for?
AMBOSS is a learning system designed for your whole medical career. Medical students, residents and physicians can use the library as an easily navigable reference tool for their clinical work. The Qbank is optimized for medical students to prep for exams with an integrated USMLE-style question bank.
Where does the medical content in AMBOSS come from?
The AMBOSS content is written by an international team of over 50 physicians, using feedback from medical students. The editorial team ensures that each article meets our highest standards of quality with respect to content, structure and style. Entries are reviewed by at least three medical professionals and one copyeditor before being published, helping us ensure the most accurate clinical content. The library and Qbank are constantly being updated and expanded, and all updates are included in your access to the platform.
How do I access AMBOSS?
To access AMBOSS, you need to create an account and then activate your access.
To create an account, follow these steps:
- Click Sign up now!
- Enter your email address.
- Check your email for a verification link and follow the steps.
Once logged in to the AMBOSS website, enter and save some basic account details; e.g., your name and university. Use the 5-day free trial option or, if it applies to you, enter an activation code and click Activate Code to start your AMBOSS access. You can always purchase additional access by visiting the AMBOSS shop.
How does the free trial work?
If you are new to AMBOSS, you can explore the entire platform, free, for a short time. After you set up your account login and profile, you can activate a 5-day free trial by selecting this one-time option in the access settings of your account.
For this trial period, you have unlimited access to our platform including our library and question bank. No payment details are required and the free trial expires automatically. If you’d like to extend your access, please visit the AMBOSS Shop.
What happens when the free trial ends? How can I purchase access?
When the free trial ends, your access to AMBOSS expires. To continue using the platform, log in to your account (your account still exists, even when your access expires) and go to the AMBOSS Shop. You can find the shop by clicking the shopping cart icon in the menu next to your dashboard inside the platform. There, you will find all of our available access options. You can immediately continue your access in AMBOSS after you purchase a new license online.
What do I get when I sign up for AMBOSS access?
Access to AMBOSS includes everything in our platform—all the learning cards in our library, unlimited access to all Qbank questions, statistics that show you exactly where you need to focus to achieve the highest grades, and any content and feature updates we release.
Since the platform is growing, you will see additional content, improvements to existing learning cards, and new exam questions being added almost daily. Updates to our software are of course free as well.
Can I interrupt access to AMBOSS and still keep my personal statistics and personal notes?
All of your notes, favorites and learning statistics are saved in AMBOSS, so you won’t lose any progress if there is a lapse in your subscription. Your details will always be saved unless you decide to delete your account permanently, and can be used again when you activate your access in the future.
I am having problems with the account creation and activation process.
After registering with an email address, you should receive a confirmation message. To activate your account, click on the activation link in that e-mail. After that, you will automatically be logged into your AMBOSS account and can take the next steps.
You didn’t receive an e-mail?
- Please check your spam folder. To receive all our future messages in your inbox, mark this e-mail as “not spam mail”. If you cannot find a registration e-mail, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org—we will personally send you the link!
The link is not working?
- The registration link will be quite long. Therefore, some older e-mail services may add a line break in the middle of the link. To correct that, please select and copy the whole link and paste it into the browser. Make sure that there are no space breaks in the link.
Can’t find the activation page?
- After you’ve created your account and entered and saved some basic details, you should be automatically redirected to an activation page. Click here if you are having troubles. You may need to log in again with your email and password that you should have set up after registering and verifying through your email.
How do I activate my access code?
You got a special access code, very cool! We hope you will use this code to explore the AMBOSS platform. To get started, follow these steps:
- You need to make an account if you haven’t already. Click Sign up Now! to get started, or check out the instructions on accessing AMBOSS for more detail.
- Once you have an account, you can log in to AMBOSS. Click the account settings icon in the menu bar on the left hand side of the dashboard inside the AMBOSS platform.
- The License Status in the upper right corner gives you the option to create access if you don’t already have it. Click the Create Access button and paste the code you’ve received into the entry field below the Activate Code button, and then click it to apply.
- If you’re having trouble finding the access settings, click here and log in.
As always, if you run into any problems, please contact us at email@example.com if you need assistance using the platform or have any questions about AMBOSS.