Welcome to the AMBOSS Campus License
for NYU Long Island School of Medicine
NYU LISOM has provided the Class of 2022 students access to the AMBOSS Library and Qbank!
Below, you’ll find important information about AMBOSS, how to use the campus license and frequently asked questions (FAQs).
How to activate your access
1. Create an AMBOSS account, or log in if you already have an account.
2. Click on the “Account” icon in the left dashboard panel. On the right side of the page, click “Renew Access.”
3. You’ll see the option to “Activate Code.” Enter the code that you received from your school.
5. To verify that your access has been correctly activated, click on the “Account” icon in the left dashboard panel and view the “License status”. This expiration date will be adjusted in the coming months by AMBOSS to align with your curriculum.
6. Start exploring! You can download the apps or browse the platform on your desktop. The Library is available to you all day, everyday. During your Phase 1 studies, the Qbank will limit you to 50 questions per month. You can monitor your balance in the License Status section of your Account.
The Qbank will unlock completely in July, 2020. This setting is due to the limited availability of NBME-style questions you’ll want to review for dedicated exam prep later in your studies.
Campus License FAQs
What does this Campus License mean?
With this campus license you have access to both the Knowledge Library and the Qbank in AMBOSS. During Phase 1 of your program, you will need to restrict yourself to a maximum of 50 questions in the Qbank in a 30-day period. You’ll discover the best way to use this balance of questions through your own explorations and the help of your administration.
Your Library access is unlimited. Starting in July 2020, you will have unlimited Qbank access, too.
Is my access really free?
Yes! By activating the campus license, you get access for the duration of the university’s license, including all updates we release in the next year to the AMBOSS platform. Your university organized together with us to create this opportunity for you.
Who is AMBOSS made for?
AMBOSS is a learning system designed for your whole medical career. Medical students can use the library as an easily navigable reference tool for their clinical work and prep for Step and Shelf exams with an NBME-style Qbank covering USMLE® Step 1, USMLE® Step 2 CK & CS and core NBME® Shelf Exams.
Who writes the medical content in AMBOSS?
The AMBOSS content is written by a team of over 50 physicians, using feedback from medical students. The editorial team ensures that each article meets our highest standards of quality with respect to content, structure and style. Entries are reviewed by at least three medical professionals and one copy editor before being published.
Happy to Help
We’re here at firstname.lastname@example.org if you run into problems or have any questions.