Medical Editor (Physician Content)
Holding down a clinical career can make it easy to miss everyday pleasures like spending more time with family and friends, taking weekends off, and even sleeping in your own bed. On the other hand, stepping away from clinical practice can feel like you’re sacrificing your positive impact.
Well, we’ve got good news: AMBOSS can help you strike a healthy work/life balance! A rewarding alternative/adjunct to your clinical career can make these comforts a reality while still ensuring that you can apply your clinical knowledge and experience in ways that exponentially increase the number of patients’ lives you affect.
AMBOSS is a company built by physicians for physicians with the mission of fundamentally changing the way medical students learn and how physicians access information. Launched in 2012 by a group of physicians, AMBOSS has become a leading medical knowledge platform in the U.S. and the rest of the world. More than half a million medical students and doctors worldwide rely on AMBOSS for learning, teaching, and practicing medicine.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with other motivated physicians to help plan, develop, and write new medical content for U.S. physicians
- Apply your clinical knowledge and experience towards reviewing and optimizing existing content in our platform
- Collaborate with our graphic designers to create new flowcharts and illustrations
- Respond to and integrate user feedback and incorporate new evidence-based guidelines to keep our content current
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with our marketing and product teams to optimize our platform and interface for physicians
- Collaborate with our content partners, including CoreIM podcast
- Become an expert in using our content management system
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- M.D. degree (or equivalent)
- At least one year of clinical working experience as a resident physician, ideally in the U.S. and no longer than 5 years ago
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Proficiency in finding, interpreting, and applying U.S. clinical literature and medical society guidelines
- Talent and passion for explaining complex medical topics to others
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- 20 hrs to 40 hrs availability per week
You might have:
- Scientific/clinical editorial or teaching experience
- Background in radiology
- Experience in creating flowcharts
- German language skills
- Interest in moving to Berlin, Cologne, or New York City
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Keep your nerve cells healthy with a generous paid holiday schedule.
- Set your own biological clock: Choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars and crosstalks.
- No risk of high cholesterol in the office! Dig into healthy food and snacks and wash it down with the help of an amazing coffee machine.
- Feeling under the weather? We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental).
- Doctor recommending time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for?
Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your cover letter and CV.
Apply for this job