Practice for the AMC exam
The Australian Medical Council (AMC) exams are for international medical graduates (IMGs) eager to practise medicine in Australia. The exam consists of two parts: MCQs and a clinical skills component. The AMC MCQ test is a multiple-choice test in a 3.5 hour session. After passing the MCQs, you can then take the AMC Clinical Exam which tests your clinical skills in a controlled environment.
AMBOSS can help you succeed!
How you can pass the AMC MCQ test
The AMC MCQ test is your first examination hurdle to practice medicine in Australia. It's a computer adaptive test and consists of 120 multiple-choice questions with one correct response from five options. Not to worry though, nail these topics and you're onward to the AMC Clinical Exam: Adult Health (medicine) - 35 points, Adult Health (Surgery) - 25 points, Women's Health (O&G) - 15 points, Child Health - points, Mental Health - 15 points, and Population Health - 15 points.
Here's how we can help:
- AMBOSS offers over 3,000 questions. Customise your sessions in multiple ways to fit your studying objectives. You can for example get questions based only on specific symptoms (e.g. Chest Pain) or organs (e.g. Breast).
- Each answer to a question is cross-linked to a learning card. With the Attending Physician mode, you’ll learn why previous answers were wrong, and the what crucial information is for the correct answer.
- Access our library covering over 15,000 medical topics including Surgery, O&G, Paediatrics, Internal Medicine and Public Health.
- Identify the most important information relevant for any topic. Enable the Highlighting Tool in any question stem or turn on High-Yield Mode in the Learning Cards for condensed information that’s easier to recall on exam day.
- Track your progress! Accomplish your studying objectives by identifying what information you need to retain to correctly answer previously incorrect questions.
- Study offline. Time management is a piece of cake with our Question Bank and Knowledge apps for iOS and Android. Practice going through questions during anywhere from the clinic to your commute.
- Use real clinical data to get the big picture on any disease or condition. Both the Question Bank and Knowledge Library feature charts, X-rays with overlays, videos and other images that illustrate key points on different topics
How you can pass the AMC Clinical Exam
Right, so you've covered your clinical knowledge, now it's time to show-off your clinical skills. The AMC Clinical Exam is a structured clinical assessment comprised of 16 multi-station assessments, covering medicine, surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics and psychiatry.
Here's how we can help:
- 40+ high-yield cases in exam format.
- Multimedia including illustrative images, instructional videos, and photos of patient simulations.
- Detailed checklists - focused history, focused physical examination, and communication & interpersonal skills - to measure your performance for prioritising diagnostic or problem lists.
- Step-by-step guides and flowcharts for focused physical examinations.
- A flexible, interlinked interface that always allows you to access more information on terms or topics as needed.
- Side-by-side comparisons of patient notes.
- Differential diagnosis tables sorted by chief complaint.
- Study on-the-go and offline with the AMBOSS apps for Android and iOS.
We are also always happy to answer your questions, so please do not hesitate to drop us an email at email@example.com.