Senior Android Developer
As our next Senior Android Developer your creations will support doctors to identify and activate relevant knowledge, and increase its application in their day-to-day lives.
If you are looking for the place where you can work with the newest technologies, while having an impact on the lives of tens of thousands of users, AMBOSS is what you are searching for! By joining us, you will be part of a cross-functional agile team that values ownership and collaboration as much as data-driven decisions.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Deliver the highest quality applications while working in collaboration with a passionate cross-functional team of designers and backend developers.
- Lead the development of our Android app and shape the direction of future Android products
- Manage sprint cycles to release features to the product that delight users.
- Develop the strategy with the engineering team to shape UX and API design.
- Take ownership of mobile coding guidelines while shaping and improving best practices
- Facilitate our culture of continuous learning where you freely give feedback to improve the development of the engineering team
WHAT WILL YOU BRING
- You have released apps in the app store and have a great understanding how to build successful apps.
- Ideally, you have experience working on an existing codebase with a strong established user base.
- 3+ years of experience with Java/Kotlin, and most importantly you can prove an excellent understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features/technologies.
- Expert understanding of engineering practices, design patterns, testing and continuous integration.
- Understanding of libraries like RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit.
- Experience with Android Studio, JIRA, Zeplin, and Github or similar tools would be ideal.
- Experience with React Native or other cross-platform technologies is a plus.
- Communicating in English comes naturally to you.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, crosstalks, and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job