Are you passionate about medicine, writing, and teaching? Would you like to dive into communicating intellectually complex medical content? Do you want to help students across the world study smarter and still have nights and weekends free? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want to hear from you! Help us continue to revolutionize medical education worldwide!
AMBOSS is a company built by doctors for doctors with the mission of making medical information universally accessible and effective. Launched in 2012 by a group of young physicians, AMBOSS has become a leading medical education platform in the US, Europe, and around the world. Today, more than half a million medical students and doctors rely on AMBOSS for learning, teaching, and practicing medicine.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work in a team to help expand and maintain the medical content of AMBOSS
- Create new teaching material, including medical texts and/or illustrations (together with our illustrators)
- Create practice exam questions, write detailed explanations, and integrate all of this into our learning software
- Keep our Learning Cards and practice exam questions updated by integrating user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines
- Plan and implement new features, ranging from small additions to entirely new apps or products
- Review and revise team members’ work
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You should have:
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK
- Excellent writing skills in English
- A strong passion for editorial work and teaching
- Creativity and a strong work ethic
- Availability for at least 6 months of full or part-time work
- Previous experience with AMBOSS or US-based medical curriculum
You might have:
- German language skills
- Editorial or teaching experience
- Willingness to move to Berlin, Germany, or New York City
WHAT WE OFFER
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: balance your work and life with flexible working hours, home office options, and long holidays (26 days DE or 20 days US).
- Stay fit and healthy: enjoy your free gym membership (DE) and our sponsored medical, vision, and dental plans (US).
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our monthly team-bonding events, game nights, and free lunches in our offices.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities we offer, including seminars, lectures, and personal coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our offices, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint-sparing activities? Profit from our employee mobility perks, such as a monthly train pass or free bicycle (DE).
A successful application should include a cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your experience with AMBOSS (if any)?
- What would your ideal working schedule look like?
- What is your availability like for the next 12+ months?
- Are you willing to move to one of our offices (Berlin, Cologne, New York) or are you limited geographically?
We don’t believe it’s possible to cover all types of diversity in words. But we always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.