Medical Editor (Student Content)
Are you passionate about medicine, writing, and teaching? Would you like to dive into communicating intellectually complex medical content? Do you want to help students across the world study smarter and still have nights and weekends free? If you answered yes to all of these questions, we want you as our next Medical Editor (student content) (f/m/x)! Help us continue to revolutionize medical education worldwide!
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 200 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work in a team to help expand and maintain the medical content of AMBOSS
- Create new teaching material, including medical texts and/or illustrations (together with our illustrators)
- Generate practice exam questions, write detailed explanations, and integrate all of this into our learning software
- Maintain our Learning Cards and practice exam questions by integrating user feedback and new evidence-based guidelines
- Plan and implement new features, ranging from small additions to entirely new apps or products
- Review and revise team members’ work
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- MD degree or very soon to be completed medical studies
- An outstanding hold over the English Language; both written and verbal skills
- Previous experience with AMBOSS or US-based medical curriculum
- A strong passion for editorial work and teaching; with first-hand experience being a real plus!
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK would be beneficial; but not essential!
- Ideally full-time availability from either our Cologne or Berlin offices
- Creativity and a strong work ethic
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
A successful application should include a cover letter with answers to the following questions:
- What is your motivation to apply for this position?
- What is your experience with AMBOSS (if any)?
- What is your full-time availability over the next 1-2 years?
Apply for this job