VP of Product
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 300 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
We're looking for an experienced, highly analytical, VP of Product with consumer experience who is excited to continue building the product management organization, drive growth and deep engagement and innovate to make sure customers have the best possible experience.
You’ll work with our team of product managers to develop and deliver end-to-end, delightful experiences that customers love, all while improving AMBOSS’ business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Drive product vision, strategy and roadmap, from conception to launch of consumer-facing features. Be accountable for the results of all product development efforts.
- Setting objectives for teams that help align product development with key goal metrics for the business; primarily focused on user growth, engagement and paid conversion
- Lead and mentor PMs that are working across a variety of initiatives; some long-lead and platform-oriented, others which are fast-iteration, experiment-driven, and growth-oriented.
- Manage existing and newly deployed products in light of observed performance, competitive positioning and emerging strategies
- Understand the business deeply, and create both short and long-term strategies that move the P&L and improve the business model.
- Accelerate our rate of experimentation by creating strong practices around measurement and analysis.
- Encourage the right blend of data and customer insight that leads to amazing outcomes.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team (reporting to the CEO), participate in the development of AMBOSS’ overall strategy and planning.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (Engineering, Design, Markets, Marketing, and Customer & Insights) across the organization, communicate product vision, understand and prioritize needs and serve as an advocate and resource for Product.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 6+ years proven product management experience at a Product VP/Director, or high-growth start-up equivalent level
- Proven ability to foster a sense of team and mission
- A demonstrable history of successful consumer product launches
- You are effective, focused, and understand how to achieve business outcomes.
- You love mentoring and developing your staff.
- You bring experience and expertise in the discipline of product management but aren’t dogmatic about the process and best practices. You have previously worked in matrix organizations.
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- You love speaking with customers and encourage everyone to do the same.
- You are unafraid to do things differently; you work from first principles, not from copying the competition.
- Proficiency in user experience, and user research methodologies
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Serotonin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks, and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Does your doctor recommend joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job