Staff Platform Engineer
Hello, we are AMBOSs, and we are looking for a talented, detail-oriented engineer with a passion for infrastructure and all things DevOps that wants to be part of our growing international team, impacting how we develop, ship, and grow our products.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
- Support and grow the infrastructure and platforms that run Amboss.com.
- Recommend, define, design, and drive architectural decisions and best practices for the technologies we use.
- Provide technical support and mentorship within the team.
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager(s) to set technical direction and align longer-term technical plans.
- Drive and influence larger-scale technical decisions.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of experience with AWS or other major cloud providers.
- Understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience with one or more of those technologies (Jenkins, Gitlab, etc).
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration technologies (Kubernetes).
- Experience working in at least one scale-up organization.
- Eagerness to drive change at both the technical and process level.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit subscription.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and company wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches,breakfasts, healthy snacks, and beat the food coma with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose the subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for the future and save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin-D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job