Senior Software Engineer in PHP
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for senior PHP engineers to help us transform our content management system into a next generation digital content platform for our medical knowledge.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Be part of the Contend team: we are building the content editing application within Amboss. This means our main users are the editors, and we are striving to create a user-centric experience and extensible foundation for people producing and consuming content.
- Deliver high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software systems that bring value (to users, other engineers, internal customers, etc.).
- Work in the cross-functional team, constantly improving its performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback and helping to shape and to maintain effective work processes, influencing product decisions.
- Help others reach their full potential, foster a constant exchange of ideas, and knowledge sharing through pair programming.
- Collaborate closely with experts inside and outside the team: platform & application engineers, designers, medical editors, product manager.
- Take on and drive initiatives to a conclusion: understand the problem to solve, drive alignment & lead to consensus, deliver as a team.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Experience with building applications with PHP.
- Experience with relational databases (we use MySQL, but any other one would be fine, too).
- Quality mindset when building solutions, and a solid testing approach.
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery, build automation.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and evolving event-driven microservices architecture would be a big plus.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job