Senior Python Engineer - Search
We are AMBOSS, we help medical professionals to make more confident decisions with smart tools designed for clinicians on the go and we have an exciting opportunity for a senior python engineer! You would be joining a cross-functional team of passionate software engineers who build specialized medical search engine in AMBOSS. Our mission is to decrease time required to access the relevant medical knowledge.
Join us and create software to help physicians make better decisions and improve patient outcomes.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
On the Search team, you will own, build, maintain backend services for the AMBOSS medical search. Together with your other contributors and stakeholders, you'll decide how and what features should be build to provide the fastest possible access to the relevant medical knowledge.
- Implement, deploy, maintain, and quickly adjust backend applications.
- Design, develop and maintain REST and GraphQL APIs for various front ends.
- Define and maintain resilient, fault-tolerant infrastructure for the AMBOSS Search.
- Automate quality assurance process.
What you will bring
- 5+ years of practical backend experience (at the current moment the Search stack includes Python, EKS, RDS, Elasticsearch, Redis, BigQuery).
- Experience with Elasticsearch.
- Experience with RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines.
- Efficient knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Practical experience with automated software testing: unit tests, BDD, property-based testing etc.
- Nice to have: experience with ML, data pipeline, Golang.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job