Senior Product Designer
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 300 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to design software and platforms that meet people’s needs. You will combine interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience.
In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX and other technical projects is essential.
Ultimately, you will make AMBOSS products more user-friendly and coach the team on a day-to-day basis.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop and maintain design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications.
- Communicate scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product.
- Work with creative directors and visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product.
- Conduct user research and testing, and collaborate with the User Research team.
- Support and collaborate with developers for implementation of design.
- Be the contact person for other designers and act as a coach.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 6+ years of experience in the Design field, as a Product designer, UX designer or UX/UI designer.
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in the end-to-end delivery of projects from ideation, discovery to production.
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping with tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD...
- Deep knowledge of Adobe Suit.
- Experience in post-production evaluation and data interpretation (e.g. Metabase, Google Analytics...)
- Experience working in Agile frameworks.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job