Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer to join our Berlin-based team to craft easy-to-use, thoughtful product experiences and engaging interfaces that empower our members; Physicians, Medical Students, and Partners. Come lead us toward our ultimate goal – to improve the lives of patients.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we’ve taken the health tech industry by storm and revolutionized the way physicians acquire their know-how. Using the latest in cutting-edge technology, we’ve created the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market!
We hit the ground running, transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market, and launched our international platform, all by 2017. Today, we’re continuously finding new ways to innovate, expanding our products and services globally and throughout the healthcare industry. With our exponential growth and track record for success, now is the perfect time for you to join us, develop your career, and make your mark on the future of medicine!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design our next generation mobile experience to best support Physicians’ clinical decision-making in point-of-care clinical settings.
- Create user journey maps illustrating user needs, pain points, and business opportunities. Develop concepts and prototypes to validate with users and medical experts.
- Evolve our UI pattern library to better support mobile use cases, inclusive/accessibility best practices, and innovation
- Facilitate cross-discipline sessions as part of early product discovery - likely pulling from a toolbox of lean UX approaches, design sprint, and prototyping methods.
- Help us build a strong design and learner-mindset culture by sharing your experiences with the design guild, being an evangelist for user-centric approaches in the broader organization, and participating in the broader design and health/ed tech communities.
- Be a true peer to your Product, Engineering, and Medical collaborators - supportive yet challenging and use your emotional intelligence to foster excellent team-work and decision-making.
- Partner with our in-house user research and data teams to craft and validate personas, develop scenarios, and jobs to be done for your area of the product. Identify opportunities to share compelling stories about the customer experience in order to persuade, generate interest, and recommend ways our current experience could be improved.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Proven ability to lead projects and facilitate small group workshops (such as a design sprint).
- Contribution to multiple shipped products across a diverse range of problems; led the solution for a significant end-to-end user journey and developed the process/approach for tackling a problem.
- A career developed upon a solid foundation of core design skills; Strengths in interaction design, visual UI design, and prototyping complemented with capabilities in user research and UI systems.
- A keen eye for detail, but know how to rapidly solve problems using everything from a basic sketch to a high fidelity prototype.
- Understanding of impact and success metrics to focus your design efforts and empathize with business partners goals
- Knowledge of how to break work into shippable increments to support development and iteration.
- A growth mindset and enthusiasm for collaborating successfully across disciplines and cultures to develop concepts and solutions.
- Approximately 5 to10 years of design experience. Preferably you hold an academic degree in design, HCI, UX, or related field.
- Finally, you’ll be able to share with us stories where you’ve shown resilience, organizational awareness, and most importantly empathy and compassion.
- Proficient English skills required as the emphasis is on the US/Eng market.
When applying, please also include your portfolio.
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
Apply for this job