Senior Fullstack Engineer
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer with a passion for designing, maintaining and developing our internal tooling infrastructure for a growing company of over 500 employees. You’ll be taking up a leading role in designing best practices for developing and integrating internal tooling, setting an example for an open communication culture, as well as mentoring peers on development and testing best practices. Co-operation with stakeholders is key in our team as we build solutions to make every AMBOSSians life easier.
Our team’s mission is to provide the knowledge, direction, infrastructure and frameworks needed to enable everybody at AMBOSS to do their best work. For example, we maintain our customized Headless CMS solution and its accompanying Static-site generator, we improve the SSO and onboarding automation and streamline our customer support tooling. We believe that Employee Experience isn’t separate from development and engineering, but a key enabler for a cloud-native company.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Take full ownership of discovering solutions with the team and implement them end-to-end; from idea to production.
- Constantly improve the team performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback, and help to shape and maintain effective work processes.
- Help others reach their full potential through mentorship and a constant exchange of ideas between developers.
- Foster data-driven decision-making by creating dashboards showcasing the impact on AMBOSS employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Strong understanding of writing maintainable and scalable code.
- Experience developing in both a frontend and backend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Deep understanding of modern TypeScript and React applications. You’re curious about emerging front-end technologies, practices, and frameworks.
- Broad experience in backend development practices with at least one language like Node.js, Golang or Python.
- Curiosity to look under the hood, applying your knowledge on build infrastructure, deployment tooling and monitoring, to elevate developer experience and workflows.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. We are changing healthcare for millions of people worldwide, reshaping how medical professionals practise their craft. Since our launch in 2012, we've built the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime, home office and extended paid vacation options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job