Senior Frontend Engineer
We are AMBOSS, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Learning Guidance team, building solutions that are used by medical students and physicians worldwide.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
On the Learning Guidance team, you’re responsible for the core learning and knowledge experience of AMBOSS. In cooperation with other contributors and stakeholders, you’ll be implementing user-facing solutions for our web application. Over time your scope of ownership and autonomy will be expanding. Once you’ve gained deep insights into our ecosystem, you’ll be a contributor for standards and engineering excellence, supporting peer engineers on the team and beyond.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team whose mission is to guide medical students through their first four years of study and help them succeed in becoming the next generation of doctors.
- Taking full ownership of discovering solutions with the team and implementing them end-to-end from idea to production.
- Constantly improving team performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback and help to shape and to maintain effective work processes.
- Help others reach their full potential, supporting your peers through mentorship and coaching, and fostering a constant exchange of ideas.
What you will bring
- Experience developing in a frontend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Curiosity to look under the hood, applying your knowledge on build infrastructure, deployment tooling and monitoring, to elevate developer experience and workflows
- You build solutions with scalability in mind and ensure their quality with a solid testing approach (we use Jest, Enzyme, and Cypress).
- Willingness to travel once a month to Berlin office (travelling costs will be reimbursed) if working remotely.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job