Senior Frontend Engineer
We are AMBOSS, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join the Learning Guidance team, building solutions that are used by medical students and physicians worldwide.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative work style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
On the Learning Guidance team, you’re responsible for the core learning and knowledge experience of AMBOSS. In cooperation with other contributors and stakeholders, you’ll be implementing user-facing solutions for our web application. Over time your scope of ownership and autonomy will be expanding. Once you’ve gained deep insights into our ecosystem, you’ll be a contributor for standards and engineering excellence, supporting peer engineers on the team and beyond.
- Working in a cross-functional agile team whose mission is to guide medical students through their first four years of study and help them succeed in becoming the next generation of doctors.
- Taking full ownership of discovering solutions with the team and implementing them end-to-end from idea to production.
- Constantly improving team performance by giving and receiving constructive feedback and help to shape and to maintain effective work processes.
- Help others reach their full potential, supporting your peers through mentorship and coaching, and fostering a constant exchange of ideas.
What you will bring
- Experience developing in a frontend environment, and you have launched different products and features successfully to production.
- Curiosity to look under the hood, applying your knowledge on build infrastructure, deployment tooling and monitoring, to elevate developer experience and workflows
- You build solutions with scalability in mind and ensure their quality with a solid testing approach (we use Jest, Enzyme, and Cypress).
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership or Fitbit.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 30 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Our in-house chef prepares healthy, delicious menus for breakfast and lunch every day (with both carnivore and veggie options). The office is always full of fruit and snacks, and you can even take your barista skills to the next level with our amazing Italian espresso machine
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a subsidized yearly public transportation card. Or, prefer a little extra exercise? Then choose a subsidized bike instead!
- Plan for your long-term financial health with our attractive corporate pension options.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
- Need a little extra vitamin D? Enjoy a change of pace when you visit our sunny office in Cagliari, Sardinia.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job