Senior Compensation & Benefits Manager
As a Senior Compensation & Benefits Manager, you will play a key role in reaching our employee retention and engagement goals at AMBOSS. In this new role, you will develop and manage an impactful AMBOSS compensation strategy in collaboration with key stakeholders and our outstanding company mission in mind. You will monitor and analyse issues related to compensation within AMBOSS and the external market, such as employee turnover, attractiveness for external talent, and competitive practices in order to forecast the impact on the organization. You will build up on our already existing job leveling and title structure to ensure the foundation for employee growth and competitive compensation for an engaged and happy workforce.
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how. By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
What you will do
- Develop and manage an AMBOSS compensation strategy that nurtures a culture of high-performance and fairness
- Design and implement new compensation and benefits programs and evaluate their effectiveness
- Monitor and develop AMBOSS’ job grading, title structure, and salary ranges further and ensure compliance across the organization
- Provide technical expertise, advice, and guidance regarding compensation matters to leadership and HR Business Partners
- Remain current on market trends and developments as well as practices in the field of Comp & Ben
What you will bring
- Extensive experience leading compensation and benefits programs
- Experience with leveling/job grading and monitoring compliance in a dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and influence senior stakeholders
- Experience in a scale-up environment (in tech is a big plus)
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy, ability to manipulate data to report on trends and common themes
- Knowledge of Comp & Ben trends and challenges in the market
- Fluent in spoken and written English. German language skills are a big plus.
The AMBOSS prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job