Senior Backend Engineer (Berlin or Cagliari)
We are AMBOSS, we help medical professionals to make more confident decisions with smart tools designed for clinicians on the go and we have an exciting opportunity for a senior backend engineer! You would be joining a cross-functional team of passionate software engineers who care about pharmacological information inside the AMBOSS universe. Our mission is to provide physicians with an efficient, trusted, intuitive, and evidence-based pharmaceutical decision support tool.
Wrongly prescribed drugs can lead to serious harm or even death. The financial costs alone are enormous! Physicians have to make quick decisions in complex situations. The wealth of data available can be overwhelming.
Join us and create software to help physicians make better decisions and improve patient outcomes.
Why Engineering at AMBOSS?
Engineering at AMBOSS is home to a unique team spirit built on collaboration, openness, inclusivity, and professional development. Benefitting from AMBOSS’s flexibility and collaborative working style, you will be encouraged with a strong culture of open communication and support. Diversity and inclusivity are celebrated at AMBOSS. Engineering is proud to offer an environment free from any limitations based on social categorization; everyone has an equal place at the table and space to voice our ideas!
What you will do
- Work on a cross-functional agile team, take ownership of the whole software engineering lifecycle, including architecture & design, and build automation & deployment. Improve and shape the team and our process and influence product decisions.
- Create, maintain and evolve the systems that bring value to our users. Our systems are mostly written in Golang, set up for continuous deployment and the code is covered by automated tests. We have microservices for GraphQL and Rest APIs. Our services run on Kubernetes and are deployed using Helm and Jenkins.
- Take on and drive initiatives to conclusion: understand the problem to solve, drive alignment & lead to consensus
- Collaborate closely with experts inside and outside the team: mobile & web engineers, designers, medical experts, product managers.
- Give and receive candid feedback regularly. Use feedback to grow yourself and others and to facilitate our culture of continuous learning.
What you will bring
- Significant experience in building, maintaining and evolving scalable microservices.
- Strong communication skills & empathy: on our team we collaborate closely with experts in different fields. It is crucial for us to understand what physicians care about and what their needs are and to apply this understanding when thinking of possible solutions.
- Comfort working in a highly agile and iterative software development process.
- A mindset for automation, continuous delivery and continuous improvement.
- Experience with Golang or other statically typed languages: While our services are mostly written in Golang, it is more important for us to hire an open-minded and curious individual who would be happy to learn Golang on the job.
- Commitment to creating an open and inclusive culture, focus on delivering as a team.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision-support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used cutting-edge technology to revolutionize the way physicians and trainees acquire and apply the latest in scientific knowledge, thereby benefiting patients everywhere.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
The AMBOSS Prescription
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.*
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card OR a sponsored bike if you’re working from our office.*
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.*
*available only for Berlin office
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job