Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of almost 300 physicians, scientists, and engineers. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
We are looking for an SEM expert to manage pay-per-click (PPC) marketing activities. The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist will manage paid search campaigns mostly on Google but you will also work with Yahoo, Bing and other search and display marketing engines. A successful SEM Specialist will effectively manage the paid search budget and work with the SEO and Marketing teams in order to maximize ROI, drive traffic, and increase visibility of our products.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies
- Optimize copy and landing pages for paid search engine marketing campaigns
- Perform ongoing paid keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Keep developing and learning about other paid channels like Bing Ads, Display Ads, Youtube Ads, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- 4+ years of proven SEM experience and success managing PPC campaigns across Google with experience managing on Yahoo and Bing
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in search engine marketing
- In-depth experience with bid management tools
- Experience with website analytics tools
- Strong analytical skills and experience generating SEM reports
- Familiarity with A/B and multivariate experiments
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with sponsored gym membership.
- Need more Oxytocin? Join our team events every month, the game night and the language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from the learning opportunities with our seminars, crosstalks and coaching programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office you have freshly cooked lunch, healthy snacks and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends joint sparing activities? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly transport card. Or, if you still want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike awaiting you.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Apply for this job