Medical Editor (US Student Content)
We are AMBOSS, and we are looking for the next Medical Editor (US students' content). Work with a team of dedicated physician editors to expand and enhance the medical content of AMBOSS by editing practice questions, explanations, and articles.
Why Medical at AMBOSS?
Medical at AMBOSS is a warm, open, and progressive environment, with close-knit communities keeping you connected whether you’re working in the office or remotely. The flat hierarchy within AMBOSS Medical encourages autonomy and amplifies its friendly and supportive atmosphere, setting the perfect backdrop for collaboration, growth, and free-flowing ideas.
Whether you’re all in for change or looking to complement your clinical career, we can make this a reality while significantly increasing the number of patients’ lives you impact.
What you will do
- Work with other highly motivated editors to expand and maintain content for medical students.
- Create new teaching material, including practice exam questions, detailed AMBOSS-style explanations, and articles.
- Collaborate with our illustrators to create new illustrations.
- Integrate user feedback and incorporate new evidence-based guidelines to improve our content.
- Review and revise team members’ work.
- Become an expert in using our content management system.
What you will bring
- Professional English skills (at least C1 or equivalent).
- Medical graduate or very soon to be completed medical studies.
- Previous experience with Amboss as a user.
- A talent and passion for editorial work and teaching complex medical topics to others.
- Digital literacy and fluency.
- Completed USMLE® Step 1 and/or 2CK (!) is a real plus.
- Full-time availability from either our Cologne or Berlin offices is preferred.
AMBOSS is a powerful learning and clinical decision support tool striving to empower physicians across the globe to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
- Set your own biological clock: choose flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Join our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keeps those synapses firing: profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! At our office, you will find freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time-off your feet? We got you! Enjoy our employee mobility perks, such as a yearly public transportation card. Or, if you want a little exercise, there is a sponsored bike waiting for you.
- Reduce the childcare-associated build-up of cortisol! Have your child join our AMBOSS Daycare in Berlin when your Kita is closed or bridge a gap until you have found a daycare spot.
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe it is impossible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Apply for this job