Medical Editor Internal Medicine
Hello, we are AMBOSS. Are you a physician looking for a change of pace, better work-life balance, and an inspiring team environment with a focus on personal and professional growth?
We are currently looking for a committed internal medicine physician to support our continuously growing medical editorial team. You’ll apply your clinical knowledge and experience to help produce the reliable resource you wish you’d had when starting out as a resident. Join our team of ambitious and talented physicians and help improve medical care for millions of people worldwide.
Why Medical Editorial at AMBOSS?
Medical at AMBOSS is a warm, open, and progressive environment, with close-knit communities keeping you connected whether you’re working in the office or remotely. The flat hierarchy within AMBOSS Medical encourages autonomy and amplifies its friendly and supportive atmosphere, setting the perfect backdrop for collaboration, growth, and free-flowing ideas.
Whether you’re all in for change or looking to complement your clinical career, we can make this a reality while significantly increasing the number of patients’ lives you impact.
What you will do
- Work closely with other motivated physicians to help plan, develop, and write new medical content for US physicians.
- Review and optimize existing content in our platform.
- Collaborate with our illustrators to create new flowcharts and illustrations.
- Integrate user feedback and incorporate new evidence-based guidelines to keep our content current.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with our marketing and product teams to optimize our platform and interface for physicians.
- Become an expert in using our content management system which seamlessly integrates text, images, and videos to create our AMBOSS articles (no tech background required).
What you will bring
- M.D. degree (or equivalent), ideally specialized in internal medicine.
- Current or recent clinical experience working as a physician.
- Excellent writing skills in English as well as a talent and passion for explaining complex medical topics to others.
- Proficiency in finding, interpreting, and applying US clinical literature and medical society guidelines.
- Strong understanding of evidence-based medicine.
- Creativity and ability to think outside of the box.
- Willingness to be part of a smart, funny, and very communicative international team of editors with a healthy feedback culture.
- Full-time availability preferred.
- Optional: willingness to relocate to Berlin.
AMBOSS is a medical education company striving to empower physicians to provide the best possible care. Since our launch in 2012, we've used the latest in cutting-edge technology to create the most comprehensive study and reference guide on the market and revolutionized the way physicians and medical students acquire their know-how.
By 2017, we transformed the learning experience for 95% of the German market and launched our international platform. In 2019, our hard work secured €30M in Series B funding to expand our products and their reach. Today, we continue to find new ways to innovate and establish ourselves to make a global impact. After being named a Top 10 Health & Science company to watch in 2021 by Business Punk, it is clear that we are not the only ones who are excited about the future of AMBOSS.
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Get some well-deserved rest: Enjoy 22 paid vacation days as standard, increasing with tenure every 2 years, plus an individual purpose day and a company-wide day off each year.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a subsidized gym membership.
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited access to our confidential Employee Assistance Program.
- Keep those synapses firing with an individual learning budget to invest in your personal development + 10 days learning and development leave that can be used over a 2 year period.
- Get a serotonin boost with our monthly team events.
- Flex your cortex! Take part in our internal and external seminars, training sessions, and workshops.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? We’ve got you with our employee mobility perks.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Enjoy healthy snacks and food in the office, and become a master barista with our amazing coffee machine.
- We’ve got you covered! We’ll support you with a comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + a 401K plan with a company match available after your first six months!
Welcome to AMBOSS
We believe that it is impossible to put any kind of diversity into words. We have always had, and will always have, the intention that any person of any background is welcome to join us. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to contribute to our mission.
Apply for this job